Translate

Saturday, December 29, 2007

Horsing Around

Share
My daughter wants to get in to horseback riding. She made a very convincing case as to why I should help her get into this. So I told her that I would look into it and make a decision shortly. I researched the costs for caring and feeding such a magnificent animal (the horse, not my daughter) as well as horse riding apparel. After adding up all the expenses and looking at my bank account, I made my decision. My daughter was very happy when I said that I would help her. She was less-than-pleased when I gave her a bunch of quarters for the horsey ride in front of Wal-Mart. Kids these days ....

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah! But a horse is cheaper than the therapy you will have to pay for (for you) when she turns into a mall rat.

You can do it cheaper than you think. We keep horses in our "yard" and encourage our daughter to ride. She went riding in the rain today, then had to spend the rest of the afternoon cleaning everything that got wet. An excellent use of time for an almost-13-year-old girl. There are almost never any boys who ride, either....

Can you tell we are scared out of our minds about the teenage years to come? Anne from www.smellshorsey.com

Anon A. Mus said...

Hi Anne! Ronald Reagan once said, "I always thinking better with a horse between my legs." I wonder if this would apply to teens. Anyway, thanks for visiting. You have a great site!

Anonymous said...

Hi, I know a lot of yards that are happy to give free rides in return for a bit of help around the stable yard. Look out for ads or contact local horse owners, you'll be surprised how pleased some of them will be to hear from you!

I did this when I was a teenager, made some great friends and kept out of trouble.

Matthew the sports guru said...

Wow! Horse riding is such a wonderful bonding moment. This is a great post. Thanks Anne!