Translate

Monday, November 05, 2007

Tasty Relationships

Share
There are some relationships that enhance your life and then there are those that bring you joy at a price ... like bacon. It has become a tough relationship since my doctor told me that I need to work on my high blood pressure. ::: sigh ::: Could I ever give up bacon's crispy kisses? What a sad world it would be. To me, the smell and the taste of cooked bacon makes it a close second to sex. Of course, if we're talking about thick slices of meat, then for some it may be a toss up between pork and porking. In any case, I have been a good boy and have cut way back on unhealthy foods. This was easy to do because my microwave rarely cooked bacon well. Often I ended up with a burnt offerings instead of a meal. I didn't worry about the grease too much. Most of it ended up coating the inside of my microwave. Do you know how difficult it is to lick the inside of your microwave?

Anyway, all this changed a couple of days ago when I received a CrispyClean Bacon Cooker to review. This microwave bacon cooker makes it too easy to prepare six pieces of thick, juicy meat. The bacon cooks in a completely enclosed container, evenly and throughly. I didn't even have to use the smoke alarm as a timer! And, after I safely remove the cooker with its well designed handle, I had the best BLTs that I have had in a long time! Oh, sorry. Please excuse the drool.
So with this innovative device, the CrisplyClean Bacon Cooker has made it easy for me to get into an unhealthy, yet very tasty relationship. I'm so glad it's one that sizzles!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Way to go on the page rankings! Maybe there is hope for mine. I thought it was already finished. Your bacon post made me hungry! Have a great Wednesday.

Anonymous said...

Do you know how difficult it is to lick the inside of your microwave?

Comedy gold, there! Except that, yeah, there've been times when I've microwaved bacon and found myself thinking of trying the same thing. But since our microwave is over our stove, I'm too short to reach it with my tongue.

Anon A. Mus said...

Hello Karen! I'm not happy that my oldest blogs lost a point but I am glad that my newest one went up. I think it is because I only have one paid post on the entire site. More importantly, I think it went up because you've been visiting. Thanks! :D

Hello Kate! If your tongue could reach your microwave ... um, never mind. One concern that I had was what if my head got stuck in the microwave while licking. That would have made for a embarrassing 911 call. "Yes, my head is stuck in a microwave oven. No, I am not trying to commit suicide. No, I am not drowning. That's just me drooling. mmmmm, bacon ...."

Anonymous said...

uh.... bacon or sex.... bacon or sex....

Let me get back to you on that one.

Anon A. Mus said...

Hello Marisa! I know. Decisions, decisions. Have you give thought to just wrapping your spouse in bacon and having the best of both worlds? ;)

Anonymous said...

haha, that last comment made me laugh. and the title is perfect too! :) i'm not really much of a bacon person but your post made me think twice. made me hungry actually, and that product sure is neat. i wouldn't mind having one myself. ;)

Anonymous said...

mmmmmm..... bacon. Sometimes when I think of bacon, I think of that commercial for dog treats (beggin strips or something?), where the dog is walking around the house saying, "mmm.... bacon bacon bacon bacon bacon bacon "

If I was a dog, I would totally do that.

Anon A. Mus said...

Hello Agent of Value! I'm still waiting for Marisa to get back with me on what she decided. The suspense is killing me!

As for being a bacon person, I'm not one either. That would be too much of a temptation to nibble on my baconny goodness if I were one. mmmmmMMMM Oh well, being a human person isn't that bad. :)

Anon A. Mus said...

Hello Perros! Don't tell anyone, but as I was cooking the bacon, I did just that. I ran around the kitchen and salivated those famous words, "mmmmmm.... bacon bacon bacon bacon bacon." That dog in the commercial had nothin' on my rendition.