Translate

Wednesday, March 22, 2006

I'm in the mood for ...

Share
I've met quite a few interesting people while working at Domino's. One of is Ray. Most of the time he is a great guy! Closing in on 60, you wouldn't know that he was a rough and tough Vietnam vet. When he shows you a picture of his driver's license from 30 years ago, you can't place the mob looking, womanizing guy in the photo with the grandfatherly guy standing in front of you. But you can see the Ray of years past from time to time, especially the womanizing Ray. Man, he has a way of flirting that I could only hope to obtain. What gets me is that the women seem to love it!

One thing that Ray likes to do is walk up to a cute girl at work and sing, "I'm in the mood for Love". Of course, the girls, the women, they giggle as they continue with the task at hand. Yet when he sings that silly song, the tune has started to stick in my head. For several deliveries after that, I have musical accompaniment ... sometimes with Ray's voice attached. So I've come up with my own words:

I'm in the mood for ... money,
simply because I have bills to pay.
If I were rich,
I wouldn't be here.
I'm in the mood for ... money.

I have teased the assistant manager that I would serenade her with it. When she has asked for me to sing, I've made excuses, telling her that I'm putting it off for a better time. At the same time, I've started flirting ... in my own inept way. And it seems to put a smile on her face. I'm not worried about it going further than flirting. It's just another way to give someone reason to smile. Still, I'll never be the Don Juan that Ray is....

No comments: